Monday, August 27, 2012

Love Is......


    So much has happened since my last post. I got engaged on October 6th 2011. My now husband. Bradley Scott South proposed by carving "Marry Me" in his pumpkin and having his entire family around and they caught it on video. I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man and so I said yes! I was really shocked and happy when he asked me. I was shaking the whole time he was talking to me and I forgot that everyone was around watching us. After that I called my family and then we told the whole world and by that I mean we put the happy news on Facebook and then the planning began. 


    
    We had some ups and downs with planning and family issues but the closer the wedding got the more stress we had. We ended up getting closer to my family which was a relief and right before the wedding my father pulled my mom, sister, brother and me aside to have one last family meeting before he walked me down the aisle to my future. He told me how proud they were of me and how much I have grown up in the last few years. Of course knowing our family we all stood there and cried happy tears and hugged each other.

    We didn't have a lot of time after the ceremony to take pictures so we decided to see each other before. Everyone went inside the church to wait for us to come in. It was just us and his sister Kacy. She was taking pictures and getting the first look shot of us. I was so nervous walking toward him. As I got there I put my hand on his shoulder and could not wait for him to turn around. As he turned around I could see the biggest smile on his face and he just looked at me and hugged me and told me how beautiful I looked. Then we both cried. We were so happy!! I knew I had the best guy right here with me. I could not wait to get the pictures over with and marry this man!!

    On the way over to the church we were walking over and my sister was holding the train on my dress and a bird pooped on her shoulder. Haha we all laughed and it was the perfect thing to keep my nerves down until I got to the doors of the church. I saw him standing there and the music started. As we stood there in the back of the church my dad hugged me and gave me a kiss and walked me down to my soon to be husband. 

    I looked at him and only him until I got halfway down the aisle. I saw out of the corner of my eye and my sister was crying and then I saw my mom and she was crying. Bad idea to look at them because as soon as I saw them I started shaking harder and crying. My dad held me up and it felt like hours that I was standing there waiting for the music to be done playing and to be handed over to my love.

    During the ceremony I knew there was a bunch of people there but I didn't care. All I knew was that this man beside me was all I needed. He makes me so happy and gives me butterflies when I see him. I always tell him that our wedding day was the happiest day of my life and I would not change a thing.

    After the ceremony was over we dismissed all our guests and then got on our bus and relaxed for a bit. All our friends were on the bus and we drove around town and took pictures. He was right next to me all day making sure I had everything I needed. We got to the reception hall and had dinner shared our first dance and relaxed and danced the night away.

    After all the stress and planning I am so happy how everything turned out. I have a brand new family that loves me and I love so much. I have the greatest life and I could not be happier.













    NOW:
We have been thinking about starting a family and we know we want to have kids someday but right at this time we are kind of stuck in a place where we are waiting. We want to move but we know that we would have to sign a lease. There are job opportunities that have come up that are finally moving forward. We are in limbo right now and dont really know where life is going to take us but we do know that we have each other and thats all we can really ask for. We have our 2 little kids at home which are our dogs Baby and Jax and they make us happy and they love when we come home. They cant wait to see us after a weekend away or just a few hours. We love them so much and its our little family. 

We are excited for the future and can wait to see what it brings us!!

Until next time....Mrs. South


No comments:

Post a Comment